National Pharmacy Association - Wireless Fire Alarm Case Study
The National Pharmacy Association initially contacted us for advice relating to the requirement to update their fire alarm system. Our team of fire prevention surveyors conducted an on-site site visit with the aim to find an effective fire system solution.
This building could not be cabled due to there being no viable cable routes. The cabling proved more difficult due to the age of the building and the only operable option was to install a wireless fire alarm.
After exploring various solutions, we opted to install an EMS wireless fire alarm. EMS is the market leader for wireless fire and security systems and most importantly meets all the British standards. This system proved to be the most cost-effective solution as the hours of installation are dramatically reduced and disruption is kept to a minimum due to it only taking a week to install rather then 5-6 weeks to cable.
Benefits of a wireless fire alarm
- It is reliable as a wired system and tested to British and European standards.
- Quicker to install and can be fitted with minimum disruption to your business.
- The system can be installed into properties where there is limited access e.g. due to high ceilings.
- For future extensions, the system can be easily modified.
- They are battery operated so if the power goes down you can rest assured that the alarm will be active.
- Can be used as a temporary system in locations where a wired one can't be installed e.g. building sites.
- This system can be used to extend existing wired systems.
- No requirement to close areas of the building or to work out of hours for the installation to take place.
“The installation was carried out efficiently and with no disruption to the business. The engineers dealt with the challenges created by an old building and the early stages of the pandemic with minimal fuss and the system works as specified.”
If you are looking for a new fire alarm system, an upgrade of system, additions to, or for the maintenance and monitoring of fire safety systems then please call our designated fire prevention team on 0345 2309823 or email us on email@example.com
The installation was carried out efficiently and with no disruption to the business. The engineers dealt with the challenges created by an old building and the early stages of the pandemic with minimal fuss and the system works as specified.